CrossCraze - the ultimate word game
CrossCraze is a fun, modern twist on the classic crossword puzzle board game, designed specifically for players who prefer the challenge of an offline computer opponent. Featuring stunning HD graphics and unparalleled gameplay options, CrossCraze will take your word play to another level.
Classic word-building gameplay
Choose from two game modes: 'Classic', where new letters must be placed next to existing ones (e.g. change RABBLE to SCRABBLE); or 'Tile Stacking', where new tiles can also be dropped over old ones (e.g. change SCRABBLE to SCRAMBLE).
- Play solo, or pass-and-play with a friend.
- 28 board layouts, from 15x15 squares up to 21x21.
- 12 original board styles.
- 10 skill levels to challenge both adults and children.
- 9 languages with over 4 million words, sorted by difficulty.
- 3 tile allocation methods to keep it random or help your luck.
- 2 game modes: 'Classic' and 'Tile Stacking'.
- English and French word definitions (internet required).
- Flexible vocabulary (add or disallow words).
- Timer mode.
- Instant score preview.
- Detailed game statistics.
- Hints for when you need to crack that losing streak.
- Displays in both portrait and landscape modes.
Are you frustrated by the cheating found in online word games, with so many players using puzzle solvers and in-app purchases for an unfair advantage? Tired of hanging around for your friends to make their move? CrossCraze's single player mode lets you choose a computer opponent to match your own skill level. It never takes more than a moment to think, never abandons a game before the end, and never sends you inappropriate messages. How refreshing!
No more impossible racks
Pick from three methods of tile allocation: 'Random' for pot luck; 'Balanced' for a more predictable draw; or 'Helpful' to maintain an even spread of letters across your rack.
Don't scrabble in the dark
Lost for words? CrossCraze's unique 'hint' options will point you towards the best word. Give yourself as many or as few hints per game as you like. CrossCraze can spell out the full word, or just show you where to look.
Train your brain
CrossCraze is a great educational tool for all ages. Boggle your brain, improve your spelling, expand your vocabulary, or even practice a foreign language. It's also an excellent training aid for fans of other word-building games. Whether you're a word game novice or a Scrabble® tournament master, let CrossCraze be your teacher.
CrossCraze can be played in the following languages:
- English (US or International).
- Danish (Dansk).
- Dutch (Nederlands).
- French (Français).
- German (Deutsch).
- Italian (Italiano).
- Norwegian (Norsk).
- Spanish (Español).
- Swedish (Svenska - base words only or unrestricted).
SCRABBLE® is a trademark of Hasbro Inc in the US and Canada, and Matel Inc in the rest of the world. This website, ORT Software and the game CrossCraze are not affiliated with or endorsed by either company.