Most problems can be solved as follows:
- Check for program updates (your current version number will be displayed below the main menu).
- If Astrogeddon fails to start at all, or if you are getting problems that are clearly related to graphics, try downloading the latest drivers for your video card from the manufacturer's website.
- If you are having sound problems, first check you are still hearing sound from other Windows programs and also that you haven't turned down the volume on the game's Options Menu. Then try downloading the latest drivers for your sound card from the manufacturer's website.
- If the game is running slowly, reduce the detail level via the Options/Graphics menu.
- Try running Windows Update. You should also check your PC is free from viruses and spyware.
- Try re-starting your PC immediately before running Astrogeddon. If the problem disappears, it is likely some other program you were running beforehand was failing to tidy up after itself properly.
- Try disabling as many background programs as possible in case they are conflicting with Astrogeddon (e.g. wall-paper programs, screen-savers, email checkers).
- As a last resort, try uninstalling and then re-installing the game.
If you encounter a problem which isn't answered above, please email us.
If possible, attach a copy of the file AGLOG.TXT (this file records the program's progress so it may help to pinpoint where things are going wrong). The file is reset each time the game is run, so make sure you take a copy immediately after the problem occurs.
You can find AGLOG.TXT in the game's data folder. If you are using Windows XP or earlier, this will be the same as where you installed the game - usually:
In Windows Vista or later, find the folder by typing the following into the address field of Windows Explorer: