Graphics Requirements on Windows
We recommend that your graphics adapter (sometimes called a 'display adapter' or 'graphics card/chip') supports OpenGL version 4.1 (released in 2010). That said, the game may still run even with much earlier versions of OpenGL, so if in doubt, give the FREE trial a go before purchasing.
(OpenGL provides a standard means for games and other programs to work with your graphics adapter. It serves a similar purpose to DirectX, but works on many other platforms besides Microsoft Windows.)
If you are unable to run the game, you may just need to update the driver software for your adapter.
Updating your drivers
You can ask Windows to update your driver software as follows:
- Open the Windows 'Control Panel' (usually to be found on your desktop, or on the menu that appears when you click the Windows 'Start' button in the bottom-left).
- Select 'Device Manager' (if this option isn't shown, select 'View by: Small icons' in the top-right).
- Click the small arrow next to 'Display adapters' to show your own display adapter. Then right-click your display adapter and select 'Update driver software'. Choose the 'Search automatically..." option.
If Windows can't find any updated drivers, get them direct from the manufacturer instead:
- Click the Windows 'Start' button in the bottom-left of your screen, then type 'dxdiag' in the 'Search' field and press the 'Enter' key. The 'DirectX Diagnostic Tool' should appear in a new window.
- Click the 'Display' tab at the top. Your adapter's manufacturer and model name will be displayed at the top of the 'Device' section.
- Open a web browser and search for the manufacturer's website. Download the latest drivers for your graphics card and install them.
Intel graphics chips
If you have an Intel graphics adapter, you can download the latest drivers here.
Unfortunately, some older Intel graphics chips are not 100% compatible with the OpenGL graphics standard. For example, Intel's HD 4000 chip is known to be particularly problematic.
If updating your drivers doesn't help, try running this older, less demanding version of CrossCraze instead:
If this works and you've already purchased the PRO version, you can email us to request a copy of CrossCraze PRO v3.09.
Alternatively, you may want to consider replacing your graphics adapter with a newer one. CrossCraze is quite modest in its requirements, so even a very cheap graphics card will probably suffice.
Another option if you have an Android phone or tablet, is to play our app instead.